The Must Plan Ski Trip of 2017
Sun Peaks Lift
Sun Peaks Lift
Calling all Seattle skiers (and, hey, non Seattleites too): We’ve scouted the best ski resorts on the west coast and we’ve found the must plan ski trip of 2017. With over 4,270 acres of skiable terrain, Sun Peaks Resort is about to blow your mind.
The 2nd largest ski area in Canada, Sun Peaks Resort has the awesome mountain peaks you crave to surf without the crowds of a Whistler or Tahoe. Plus, with so many runs and trails, you seriously might not even see another person the entire day.
Here’s how to make the trip super epic:
- If you fly into Kamloops, don’t worry about renting a car and just take the shuttle up to Sun Peaks. The village and all restaurants and activities are so close that you really won’t need to start the engine during the whole visit.
- No matter where you stay at Sun Peaks you’re close to the mountain and within 15 minutes of waking up to riding the lift. The Residences at Sun Peaks Grand offer one and two bedroom condos, if you’re traveling with a larger party and like to spread out.
- Après ski slope side at Masa’s Bar and Grill or walk just 5 minutes down the pedestrian only village to Morrisey’s Public House.
- Come to ski and snowboard but don’t forget about the awesome snowshoe trails and cross country skiing.
- Kids of all ages welcomed. Have a little one not quite ready to hit the slopes? No worry, the on mountain child care offers daily activities and minding while you and the rest of the family tackle the mountain.
- Book a First Tracks Ticket so you can watch the sunrise from the top
- A great afternoon activity is ice skating, 5 minutes from the Village
- Don’t let holiday weekends scare you- book in advance and you’ll still have an incredible snow adventure
In partnership with Sun Peaks Tourism.
Other Voices you might like
City Escapes, Landscapes, Culinary Travel
Foodie, Recipe Maker, Traveler.
The American Field Trip
Mobile Travelers, Public Land Advocates